Fatal 3-nitropropionic acid poisoning after consuming coconut water

Publikation: Bidrag til tidsskrift/Konferencebidrag i tidsskrift /Bidrag til avisTidsskriftartikelForskningpeer review

DOI

We describe the fatal course of a patient with initial symptoms of vomiting and nausea who developed symptoms of dystonia, encephalopathy, and coma. The cause of death was poisoning with 3-nitropropionic acid from coconut water spoiled with the fungus Arthrinium saccharicola. We present the clinical findings and forensic analysis.

OriginalsprogEngelsk
TidsskriftEmerging Infectious Diseases
Vol/bind27
Nummer1
Sider (fra-til)278-280
Antal sider3
ISSN1080-6040
DOI
StatusUdgivet - jan. 2021

Se relationer på Aarhus Universitet Citationsformater

ID: 213878640