The main research area of my project is the intellectual and cultural history of work and attitudes to work and workers. More generally I'm interested in the the history of political and economic thought. My project is focused on attitudes to work and workers in the 16th and 17th century England and the consequences increasingly commercial and capitalist realtions had on such attitudes.
My areas of interest are: - The history of work and attitudes to work and workers
- The history of capitalism
- The history of political and economic thought
- Early modern intellectual and social history
- Political economy and the critique of political economy
- Marx, marxism and labor history
- Recent discussions on work, labor market, technology and the future of work